Please Share

Sunday 23 June 2013

Lebron James - Biography, Achievements and Interesting Facts


LeBron Raymone James nicknamed "King James", is an American professional basketball player for the Miami Heat of the National Basketball Association (NBA). A 6 ft 8 in (2.03 m) small forward who has also played as a power forward, he has been an NBA champion, the NBA Finals MVP, a three-time NBA MVP, and the NBA Rookie of the Year. James is a nine-time NBA All-Star, and has been named to eight All-NBA teams and four All-Defensive teams.

He is also the Cleveland Cavaliers' all-time leading scorer, and holds other franchise records for both the Cavaliers and the Heat. On January 16, 2013, he became the youngest player in NBA history to reach 20,000 career points, at 28 years and 17 days of age. James played high school basketball at St. Vincent – St. Mary High School in his hometown of Akron, Ohio. A three-time "Mr. Basketball of Ohio", he was highly promoted in the national media as a future NBA superstar.

Facts, Achievements and Brief Introduction of Lebron James
  • LeBron and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar are the only players to win a pair of MVPs by the age of 25.
  • In 2008, LeBron became the only player besides Oscar Robertson to average 27 points, six rebounds and six assists a game for four consecutive seasons.
  • LeBron was the MVP of the 2008 All-Star Game. He scored 28 points with nine rebounds and nine assists in a 134–128 victory for the East.
  • In 2008, LeBron recorded back-to-back triple-doubles. He was the first player to do this since Magic Johnson 20 years earlier.
  • LeBron had a 50-point, 10-assist game against the New York Knicks in 2008. He joined Michael Jordan and Stephon Marbury as the only players to do this since the NBA-ABA merger in 1976.
  • LeBron was NBA Player of the Month four times in 2008–09. The only other player to do that was Kevin Garnett.
  • LeBron’s 594 free throws made in 2008–09 led the NBA.
  • In a 2009-10 loss to the Denver Nuggets, LeBron became the first player since Oscar Robertson with 40 points, 15 assists and 13 rebounds in the same game.
  • In 2009-10, LeBron became the youngest player to score 15,000 points, breaking Kobe Bryant’s record.
  • LeBron was just the third player in history to leave his team the year after being named NBA MVP. The first two were Wilt Chamberlain and Moses Malone.
  • LeBron garnered 85 first place votes to 24 for runner-up Kevin Durant in the 2012 NBA MVP balloting.
  • LeBron was voted First Team All-NBA for the fifth straight year in 2012 and First Team All-Defensive for the fourth season in a row.
  • In 2012 LeBron became the new spokesman for Dunkin’ Donuts and Baskin Robbins Ice Cream in Asia.
  • LeBron James is a member of the USA national team. The team won a bronze medal at the 2004 Olympics and gold at the 2008 Olympics.
  • James has appeared on the covers of Sports Illustrated and ESPN The Magazine.
  • LeBron James signed a shoe contract with Nike before his professional debut as a player.
  • President Barack Obama said on seven different occasions that he hoped LeBron would sign with his hometown Chicago Bulls.
  • James was one of the first two players to be publicly named to the 2006–2008 U.S. preliminary roster in 2006 by Jerry Colangelo.
  • James has endorsement contracts with big brands Nike, Sprite, GlacĂ©au, Bubblicious, Upper Deck, McDonald’s and State Farm.
  • In December 2007, LeBron James was ranked No.1 in the Forbes Top 20 Earners Under 25 with annual earnings of $27 million.
  • LeBron played football until his junior year of high school, when he broke his non-shooting hand and decided to concentrate solely on basketball. He later joked about this with a State Farm commercial in which he dons Cleveland Browns gear and plays for the team.
  • Since then, Gloria has been a prominent part of LeBron's narrative. He and his mom moved 12 times when he was between the ages of 5 and 8, and his dad left the family at birth. In fourth grade, he says he missed over 100 days of school. Eventually, though, Gloria got the family settled. Much farther into LeBron's career, Gloria was arrested after an altercation with a Fontainebleau hotel valet in Miami in 2011. And of course, there was that Delonte West rumor.
  • By the time Sports Illustrated's "The Chosen One" profile came out in 2002, LeBron was already friends with Jay-Z. Kanye first worked with Jay-Z on 2000's The Dynasty: Roc La Familia, and extensively on 2001's The Blueprint.
  •  In high school, LeBron was part of a group that called themselves the "Fab Four." They passed over mostly black Akron school Buchtel to attend St. Vincent — St. Mary, which made them cover their tattoos during games.
  • After graduating, he was selected with the first overall pick of the 2003 NBA Draft by the Cleveland Cavaliers. James led the Cavaliers to the 2007 NBA Finals, their first NBA Finals appearance in franchise history, but the team was swept by the San Antonio Spurs. 
  • In 2010, he left the Cavaliers for the Heat in a highly publicized free agency period. In his first year in Miami, the Heat reached the 2011 NBA Finals, but lost to the Dallas Mavericks. James won his first championship in 2012 when the Heat defeated the Oklahoma City Thunder. 
  • He was awarded the NBA Finals MVP Award. His career achievements and leadership role during the Heat's 2012 championship run have led a majority of basketball analysts, experts, and writers to consider him the best player in the NBA today.
  • Off the court, James has accumulated considerable wealth and fame as a result of numerous endorsement contracts. His public life has been the subject of much scrutiny, and he has been ranked as one of America's most disliked and influential athletes. He has also been featured in books, documentaries, and television commercials, and has hosted the ESPY Awards and Saturday Night Live.
Super Quotes of Lebron James
  • Hello World, the Real King James is in the Building "Finally".
  • I can't defer. I'm never in defer mentality.
  • If I didn't believe in this team and this organization and the direction that we're headed, I wouldn't have signed the extension.
  • I don’t want to go "Ring - Chasing" as I call it, you know. Going to a team that’s already pretty established and trying to win a ring with them. I want to stay with the Cavs and build a champion.
  • I’ve been a Cav for seven years now, and I’ve never given any indication I was leaving.
  • I have the utmost respect for this franchise, the utmost respect for these fans, and you know, just continue the greatness for myself here in Miami and try to get better every day.
  • In this fall, man this is very though, in this fall, I'm going to take my talents to South Beach and play with the Miami Heat.
  • I love sharing the ball with my teammates. I see a lot of things before my teammates see them.”
  • I just do what I got to do and go out and be myself, on and off the court, and take care of my obligations. That’s generally your own destiny—knowing what you have to take care of.
  • I don’t need too much. Glamour and all that stuff don’t excite me. I am just glad I have the game of basketball in my life.
  • I don’t even know what the hell this is supposed to mean.  Either he’s planning on racking up monster stats on a shitty team that never wins anything (hmmm…), brutally murdering a couple people, or becoming a shameless Uncle Tom sellout that plays golf with fat old white guys all day long.
  • Once you become a professional athlete or once you do anything well, then you’re automatically a role model … I have no problem being a role model. I love it. I have kids looking up to me and hopefully I inspire these kids to do good things.
  • I’ve always been a leader. I’ve always kind of been the tallest person on the team when I was younger but always kind of the smartest. I was ahead of my time. I wasn’t always the oldest, I kind of was the youngest on the team, but, I kind of knew what to do at times.
  • I hear that word pressure all the time. There is a lot of pressure put on me, but I don’t put a lot of pressure on myself. I feel if I play my game, it will take care of itself
  • Don't think for one min that I haven't been taking mental notes of everyone taking shots at me this summer. And I mean everyone!
  • But I mean, even my family gets spoiled at times watching me doing things that I do, on and off the court.
  • I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. They have to get back to the real world at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment